Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Olive Trees

I had never seen an olive tree, in person. They really do grow on trees. I don't know how you get the edible part out, because theses little things are hard as rocks. I tried to bust one  open and couldn't do it.

These are at a rest area in Northern California. It is next to an olive orchard (picture of the orchard below), so it was nice of them to leave some in the rest area for us to enjoy.



I am now all caught up on blogging, I'm in Redding, CA and on to my next adventure.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing stuff. Good advice re horses. Horse riding is the most fatal sport per capita taking part, statistically. Bears also not good. An Alaskan tourist was eaten by one just yesterday. Keep to olives - but buy them in a jar. Some trees are the oldest living thing on the planet, more than 2000 years. Take care and don't go near New Orleans for a spell.
    Ramsbottom John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John. I'm in the Northwest U.S. (Oregon, at the moment). I won't be near New Orleans anytime soon. And I saw an F.B. Olive and didn't think to take a picture.

    ReplyDelete