Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Day 8, I think

I think today is Wednesday, which will be day 8. I left Austin last Wednesday. It is hard to keep track of dates.

I am at the KOA Kampground in Colorado Springs, CO. I plan on going to the Garden of the Gods today.

http://www.gardenofgods.com/home/index.cfm?flash=1

Then, hopefully find a campground closer to the mountains and going to Pike's Peak tomorrow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pikes_Peak

This campground has pictures posted saying "BEWARE - Bear seen in the area" and a picture of a bear sniffing at the opening of a tent. I'm so glad I am not sleeping in a tent! I was tempted to throw out the little bit of food I have in the truck, a box of cheese crackers, and two granola bars. But, I figured if a bear knocked on the door in the middle of the night, I would just give him my food, no questions asked.

I have also seen about 50 rabbits hopping around here. They are apparently very comfortable being around people. And a HUGE flock of black birds. HUGE and very close. That probably scares me more than the possibility of seeing a bear.

And you wouldn't believe some people's toys. One couple drove up last night with the man driving one big ass pick-up pulling a trailer with Hobbie written on the side, and his wife was behind him in another big ass pick-up pulling a trailer with a Harley on it. They park and get two more motorcycles out of the first trailer. There is apparently room to sleep in that trailer. Question: how can two people ride three motorcycles? There was a another couple playing darts, with the board hanging on the outside of their trailer. And, of course, lots of TV dishes/antennas. And, if you ever think to rent a cabin at one of these campgrounds, you may think again. They are not much bigger than my truck. I would be disappointed to drive up and find out that was what I paid a lot of money for.






I LOVE flowers! And here is what I do now that I don't spend tons of time on the internet.


Yall have a good day!

4 comments:

  1. We were warned about bears when we visited Yosemite. The signs there said they particularly liked perfumed stuff, like for example smelly candles, and would smash cars up to get at them! Be warned!! No perfume!!
    Ramsbottom John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Suzy, we could beat your 50 rabbits - they have decimated our allotment this summer. Everybody is having to put netting and wire over everything! Still we don't have bears... but if we did they might challenge the rabbits.
    We have also seen some amazing camping vehicles but it is nice to travel light (is that a cue for a song?) Keep the blogs coming

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sunflower picture, and the one you drew, too. I'm with Eileen--keep the blogs coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys for reading and commenting! I definitely do not have perfume with me, although I could really use some. Eileen, what a pain about the rabbits. And Betsy, I love you!

    ReplyDelete