Sunday, August 19, 2012

Camping and some pretty pictures

This is from Colorado Springs, Colorado at the campground. I took the 1/2 mile trail, out and back. You can see the campground from where I was, so I decided I needed a picture of the BIG hill I climbed, half a mile up. I capitalize -big- sarcastically.  These turkeys were chilling on the side of the road leading to the campground.


Here is this picture from the campground up to the BIG hill, and then from the top of the BIG hill, overlooking the campground.









I was a little disconcerted at this campground because the one in Sante Fe, New Mexico had trash cans everywhere, good clean bathrooms (with soap), free WIFI, etc. This one had NO trash cans anywhere. But, I realized there was a reason. A sign in the bathroom said please don't throw trash in the bathroom trash cans because it will attract raccoons and bears. And the dumpster was inside a chain-link fence with warning signs to use CAREFULLY. STAY BACK. Wildlife may be feeding in the dumpster. I was kinda looking forward to seeing a bear, albeit from a very safe distance. I didn't see one. Good? or bad.



I left Colorado Springs intending to go to Denver, but when I got there, I never even got off of the freeway. It was just too big, crowded, and fast. The last day in Colorado Springs, I didn't even start the truck, so I was (and still am) in the nature state of mind, and a big city just did not appeal to me at all. So, I blew through Denver and stopped in Fort Collins, Colorado. It is a college town and very oriented toward art and nature. Here are just a few pictures to give you an idea. This was the "old" downtown, you know, the place where us old people shop during the day, and the young crowd drink at night.





Betsy, the flower is for you.

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU!! The flower is beautiful,great purple. Love the campsite pictures, too. It looks a LONG way down (the picture from the top). I'm jealous of all your outside time--I can relate to not stopping in big Denver. Some uncool people live there.

    ReplyDelete