Sunday, August 12, 2012

Georgia O'Keeffee

I'm in Sante Fe, New Mexico today and went to the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum. You know how I love to see art. It was kind of nice being alone, because I didn't have anyone waiting for me. John used to be really patient, but I still knew he was bored. I used to drag Daddy to art museums too. I think he enjoyed them, at least he was always willing to go.

Anyway, here are some of my favorite paintings

http://www.okeeffemuseum.org/

I don't know why there is a big space between the writing and the pictures.




























Calla Lily Turned Away
Calla Lily in Tall Glass - No. 2


Black Place, Grey and Pink

4 comments:

  1. Nice :)
    lillys are cool, lily in japanese is yuri, yuri is a slang word for lesbian, yuri is also the name of the genre of my favorite comic books(manga) woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Georgia O'Keefe paintings. I bet they were awesome in person. The photos are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was Georgia a lesbian? Hmmm. I will research that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok. Apparently she was not lesbian. She married Alfred Stieglitz in 1924.

    ReplyDelete