Sunday, August 26, 2012

Another Olympic adventure

John and I had driven a lot through Salt Lake City, and Park City is on the mountain above Salt Lake City, and when you drive by, you can see this ski jump. So I was always interested in getting a closer look, and I got to. It is one of the sites of some Olympic events from 2002. They had ski jumping and luge and bobsled at this site. Luckily, they have turned it into a training site, museum, and somewhat of an adventure park.


A couple of the "puppets" used in the opening ceremony. Now housed in the museum, which is free! I love free!







Doesn't this look like just an ugly shoe with a blade attached?


These are the best pictures I took in the museum. I have lots of other pictures to show you, but I think I'm going to post them separately. There are a lot of them.

And, here is what an avalanche looks like coming right at you.



No comments:

Post a Comment