Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sept. 16, 2009

Hi Everyone,



I decided to start blogging about our travels, mostly, and anything else I feel the need to share.

My sister-in-law came over from England to visit and she wrote a blog of her trip. It was really entertaining and a good way to keep a diary (of sorts) forever.



I will also be sharing interesting stuff about Jes. For those that don't know already, she is a Sophomore at Missouri State University, in Springfield, MO. She hasn't decided on a major yet, but is leaning towards Media Studies, with "lots of minors". She is doing a fabulous job of staying out of debt, so far. She has 3 good scholarships, one of which pays all of her tuition for up to 5 years. The other 2 are on a one year basis. As you can tell, I think she is FABULOUS!



John and I are over the road team drivers for Witte Bros, Troy, MO. The company goes to all the continental states. We drive a 2009 Peterbilt with 150,000 miles. I have been driving for 7 months, and John has been a truck driver for almost 8 years. Some days are REALLY long, some are easy and rest full.



Today we are in Lodi, CA. It is a perfect day today. Not a cloud in the sky and temp around 75. The truck stop is across the street from a field of grapevines. Beautiful. We have a delivery in the morning in Sacramento, CA and then head to Sparks, NV for a delivery tomorrow night. We will probably head to Sonoma, CA from there to pick up a load of wine and take it back to Troy. I was really excited the first time I got to go to Napa Valley, but all we got to see was what I call the working man's view. We get to see a lot of the country, but it is usually the warehouse districts. No sightseeing, or visiting good restraunts, museums, tourist spots.

We will see how this blogging thing turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment