Tuesday, November 10, 2009

You Might Be A Redneck...

We went to Washington State last week. My first time. I can mark two more states off my list of places I have never been. (We drove through Oregon).

You might be a redneck if you spend the weekend at
The Yakima County Jail or
The Yakima Speedway (which is across the street from the jail) or
Gear Jammer Truck Stop, Yakima, WA (which is a couple blocks from the other two)

No offense to rednecks. I have my own redneck ways.

Our first delivery was to the jail. They had no dock or forklift. John had to hand-carry each box to the tail of the trailer, where there were about 10 inmates stacking the boxes onto pallets. The inmates were not allowed on the trailer. The boss of the kitchen did climb up and help, so there wasn't room for me (darn the bad luck). One of the inmates said "I used to do this for a living." I thought to myself, we still are doing this for a living.

Anyway, Seattle was interesting. Raining the whole time we were there. It started about 50 miles out of town, and didn't stop until we were about 50 miles out the next day. Major coffee lovers. There were little coffee drive-up shacks everywhere. One was called "Brew-lesque" where the coffee was served by pretty young girls in sexy underwear. Lots of "gentlemen" in line at that one.

I was really scared my first driving experience of snow driving was going to be through the mountains of Oregon, but we were VERY lucky and didn't see any snow. I would be quite happy to not go anywhere Idaho, Oregon, or Washington until at least May of next year!

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant blog again Suzy. I was hoping you would put on some pictures of Louisiana in the fall - I would love to have seen the colours along the banks of the Mississippi. Put on some pictures of the bald eagles when they arrive.

    ReplyDelete